Teach Abroad In Namibia
WorldTeach volunteers in Namibia teach a variety of subjects in a range of different placements. Volunteers' jobs include teaching English, math, and/or science, at elementary, middle, and high schools throughout the country. Most placements are in rural areas, with some in larger towns and cities. Participants gain valuable work experience abroad while forming meaningful relationships with both local Namibians and fellow volunteers. Approaching our twentieth year of partnership with the Namibian Ministry of Education, we are proud to continue serving the Ministry in its efforts towards equitable and quality education for all Namibian students. Read on for more information.
WorldTeach Namibia Year Quick Facts:
- Departure: late December (after Christmas) 2014
- Program duration: 12 months
- Volunteer Commitment: $3,990, with scholarships of $1,000 available through Kristin Linnea Skvarla Foundation. The 2013 scholarships have been awarded. This fee covers health and evacuation insurance, housing, training, and 24-hour field staff support. Click here for fundraising ideas.
- Certified teachers may apply for our Namibia Teacher Fellowship position.
- Application deadline: October 15, 2014