Teach Abroad In Namibia
WorldTeach volunteers in Namibia teach a variety of subjects in a range of different placements. Volunteers' jobs include teaching English, math, and/or science, at elementary, middle, and high schools throughout the country. Most placements are in rural areas, with some in larger towns and cities. Participants gain valuable work experience abroad while forming meaningful relationships with both local Namibians and fellow volunteers. Approaching our twentieth year of partnership with the Namibian Ministry of Education, we are proud to continue serving the Ministry in its efforts towards equitable and quality education for all Namibian students. Read on for more information.
Listen to a webinar from October 2014 where WorldTeach Namibia alumni discuss their experiences in the classroom and in their daily lives during their year in Namibia.
Or register for the upcoming webinar scheduled for September 28th, 2015 to listen into previous volunteers, on-site staff, and staff from headquarters in Cambridge to get a better picture of the experience and support to be gained abroad.
WorldTeach Namibia Year Quick Facts:
- Departure: late December (after Christmas) 2015
- Program duration: 11 months
- Volunteer Commitment: Now $2,490 through grants from the Kristin Linnea Skvarla Foundation with additional support from the Ministry of Education in Namibia
- Why is there a fee and what does it cover?
- Certified teachers may apply for our Namibia Teacher Fellowship position.
- Application deadline: November 1, 2015