Teach Abroad In American Samoa, Pacific Islands
American Samoa is located in the Pacific Islands. WorldTeach volunteers' jobs in the American Samoa program include teaching English in elementary schools various subjects in public high schools. Volunteers are placed on the main island as well as on several outer islands. Participants gain valuable work experience abroad while engaging in local cultural activities and forming significant friendships. Read on for more information.
Take a look at our WorldTeach American Samoa blog to read stories from current and former volunteers.
Watch a webinar from May 2014 to learn more about the American Samoa program in further detail, listening to feedback from a previous volunteer and Field Director.
Volunteers in American Samoa are required by the Department of Education to take the PRAXIS I exam before their program start date.
WorldTeach American Samoa Quick Facts:
- Departs early August 2016
- Application deadline: June 16, 2016
- Program duration: 11 months
- Semester option available: early January 2016 to mid-June 2016
- Volunteer Commitment: This program is funded by the Department of Education of American Samoa. The volunteer submits a $2,000 deposit that is fully refundable upon successful completion of the program.